- full-time position;
- stable employment at a prestigious university;
- the possibility of scientific development (doctorate, habilitation);
- implementation of research for industry;
- participation in a prestigious and innovative research project.
New! Research assistant at the Department of Mining (K79)
The Department of Mining is looking for candidates for the position of a research assistant. The employed person will be responsible for the implementation of tasks in the research project “Universal diagnostic and prognostic module for systems monitoring the condition of complex mechanical structures operating in the presence of non-Gaussian disturbances and variable operating conditions” under NCBIR (Fast Track). 6 scientists are to be employed in total in the project. The project is undertaken jointly with the AMC TECH company from Kraków and lasts for 27 months
- Performing scientific research as part of the project (analysis of experimental data, creation of algorithms and analytical procedures, verification, visualization, testing).
- Processing data and results, handling research documentation, reporting.
- Reporting research results to the supervisor.
- Analysis of the results and preparation of publications in scientific journals, presentation of the results at conferences.
- Cooperation with partners in the consortium.
Detailed tasks (to be executed under the guidance of substantive leaders):
- Cooperation in the adaptation of laboratory stands.
- Development of mathematical methods for determining decision thresholds for the assessment of technical condition development of methods for validating forecasts implementation of algorithms in the Matlab / Python environment.
- Method validation, algorithm validation, testing algorithms, testing system components.
- Preparation of data for system demonstration preparation of documentation from research works.
- Knowledge of technical data modeling techniques for forecasting.
- Knowledge of signal analysis and stochastic methods (experience in the use of non-Gaussian models, intelligent methods i.e. artificial neural networks is welcome).
- Ability to program in the MATLAB / Python environment.
- Completed master’s studies (preferably in technical or science: mathematics / physics, mechatronics, electronics, automation, computer science or related).
- Very good level of English (literature in English, preparation of scientific publications in English).
- Ability to conduct research, prepare reports and publications.
- Experience in the implementation of research projects is welcome, Scientific achievements (participation in grants, research work, publications).
- Willingness to participate in business trips, including abroad.
- Knowledge and skills in the field of statistical data analysis are welcome. preferably in applications for diagnostics of technical objects.
- Taking up work at Wrocław University of Science and Technology as the primary workplace within the meaning of the Law on Higher Education and Science.
Full description here.
Two full time jobs as a PhD candidate at Wrocław University of Science and Technology available (MOIRA).
Title of the task: “Heterogeneous data fusion for monitoring of mines using robotic devices”
The AMC VIBRO and Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (WUST), Faculty of Geoengineering Mining and Geology, Digital Mining Center Research Group (DMC) is searching for a PhD candidate to join its team and to take up a H2020 Marie Sklodowska Curie ESR fellowship within the MOIRA ITN project.
Title of the task: “Modelling & analysis of long-term historical data of time-varying complex systems in the presence of impulsive noise for condition monitoring”
The Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (WUST), Faculty of Geoengineering Mining and Geology, Digital Mining Center Research Group (DMC) is searching for a PhD candidate to join its team and to take up a H2020 Marie Sklodowska Curie ESR fellowship within the MOIRA ITN project.
Click here for more info.